Thursday, November 1, 2012


Well hello there friends!

It has been an embarassingly long time since I've blogged. That's not because I've not being doing anything worth showing, ohhhhh no! If you happen to follow me on Twitter or Instagram you'll know there's quite a bit happening chez Petitselefants.

But today I'm posting to tell you:
1. I admit I'm a hopeless blogger.
2. I will try harder. I promise.
3. I really appreciate the fact that hundreds of visitors are still reading my blog, even though it hasn't been updated in 3 months. Thank you.
4. I'm so excited about everything that's happening at the moment, I can barely begin to think of where to start. And that's just the sewing stuff.
5. So I'll just start by telling you I have another quilt in Fat Quarterly, just out today. It's full of Christmas projects. Including this little one here which was great fun to sew and I hope that somebody out there will make one! How excellent would that be?


My absence from the blogosphere is in part due to stuff happening here:



We've been rearranging the furniture, a little.

(Yes we have moved out, don't worry).

In six months time this little spot here will be my NEW SEWING STUDIO. And we will have half a brand spanking new house. I'm excited about both of these points. But at the moment it feels like a hard slog. Even though we're not doing any of the actual building, there's a lot of brain power going into choosing fixtures and fittings, paint colours, layouts, etc etc. I won't show you my list, it's scary.




2013 is going to be a great year. I can't wait.

If you've made it this far along, please leave me a comment and tell me what you've been up to! There might be a little something in it for you. I've been storing it up.

13 comments:

  1. So glad you are back here Danielle!! Love your quilt design - v.v. exciting to have it in Fat Quarterly.

    Looking forward to next years swaps too!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very exciting!!!! I'm so happy for you on all accounts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited about some crafty developments too. Don't apologise for not blogging. Everyone has busy spurts and sometimes blogging isn't high on the to do list. Lucky you getting a dedicated studio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh i love a good reno :) how exciting getting your very own sewing room. oh how i envy thee!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh hello!! Luckily I am following you on instagram and twitter, so I am across the very exciting reno! And your quilt - I saw it in the contents page of FQ last night, but need to find time to sit down for a proper look. So awesome, congratulations! In the middle of baking a triple mixture of mini-muffins for a breakfast at school tomorrow .... I'm headed for about 150 .... is it wine-time yet ;-) Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your project in FQly - stunning! Good luck with the building!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah baby that looks like quite the Reno job. Bet you are looking forward to finishing.
    Will have to go work out how to follow you on Instagram. I'm flutter_kat if you're better at finding people than me

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colours in that quilt are lovely (and VERY you)
    Now that is a reno. You don't do a half job do you.
    Looking forward to seeing what 2013 brings and the new sewing studio.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanted to tell you earlier, but I've completely forgotten to leave a comment - it's such a sweet and fun quilt. And you already know how excited I am about the renovation and the fact that you're going to have a sewing studio :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting that you're going to have your own sewing studio!! Yay!!

    What I've been up to- well, planning projects for the rest of the year, and beginning of next year!! The fabric beckons.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will admit to a small (ie. crapload!) of jealousy at watching your renovations and the impending sewing studio. I can't wait to see what you do with it all! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with the renovations. I've really enjoyed reading your blog, your quilting is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The quilt is beautiful and congrats with having it in FatQuarterly. I'm sure you'll survive the reno just knowing what you'll end up with! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read every comment and appreciate you taking the time to read my little blog. I try to respond to all comments by email but sometimes life gets in the way. Thanks for understanding.