Wednesday, May 16, 2012

WIP Wednesday


Hello!!!

It's been a whole month since my last blog post. Nothing new there, but today I thought I'd pick a random selection of photos to demonstrate my little problem of craft ADHD. I haven't tallied up my projects that are in progress at the moment, because I think it would be scary, and also my husband may read this and use it to once again ask what's happening with the 5 year old's baby quilt... Hmm, yes.

So first random pic off the ranks is block 1 of the Amitie Block of the Month Gypsy's Wife quilt. Please note I now have the fabrics for blocks 2 and 3, and they remain untouched in my cupboard....



Second is another new quilt in progress, this pattern is On a Whim by Camille, and I've chosen to dig into my Bliss stash for this. Although I'm now rethinking the solid grey for the triangle corners and have just ordered a grey print from Camille's new line Vintage Modern, yardage of which just arrived at Fat Quarter Shop yesterday, and I ordered it pronto! So only one block of that so far.


Third random photo is a layer cake of Sweetwater's forthcoming line Mama Said Sew, which I mentioned recently, and is my current fabric lust object. Still procrastinating over what to make with this. It must be PERFECT. (Joke) Still, it is indicative of my creativity-paralysed-by-indecision predicament.

And final random photo today is a little knitting shot. I've taken up the needles again with gusto after a couple of years off. And I've been enjoying it immensely. I especially love knitting on winter evenings. It's very cosy. Cup of tea and my knitting and I'm as happy as a pig in mud (cake). Embarrassing as it is to admit, however, the top scarf in that pic is one that I completed TWO YEARS AGO, and had simply failed to finish weaving in the yarn ends. There were literally only three ends left to do. It is my least favourite part of knitting, but really, that was ridiculous. Anyway, now they are done and the scarf is ready, although it does need blocking (which I've never done before). On the bottom is my just completed Honey Cowl. Yarn ends not yet sewn in, but that will happen imminently, not in two years, because it fits perfectly and will be beautiful to wear this winter!

So that was rather a long post although I had not intended it to be. Lots more to tell, but I will save for another time. In the meantime, please tell me about any projects you've just started (even if you probably shouldn't have because you have a hundred other things on the go!), or ones that have been going for a ridiculously long time. I'd love to hear I'm not alone in my craft-ADHD!!

Linking up today to Lee's WIP Wednesday Linky Party.

5 comments:

  1. I love your Amitie block, the fabrics are gorgeous!
    P.S. You're not the only one with crafty ADHD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Card tricks blocks are one of my favorites. I like the On a Whim block too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely not alone!! I seem to have a crazy impulse to start just one more project and then worry I'll never get anything finished.
    Your On a Whim block is lovely! I think the grey looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice looking blocks. My favorite is the Amitie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post cracked me up! I hate weaving in ends too, but enjoy seaming. I have about a dozen knitting WIPs languishing in a plastic tub :(. My biggest problem most nights is getting started - sometimes it's too much effort if I can't immediately find the needles, pattern, etc that I need.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read every comment and appreciate you taking the time to read my little blog. I try to respond to all comments by email but sometimes life gets in the way. Thanks for understanding.