Sunday, June 6, 2010

Stitching with the Prints Charming Girls!



Well I can never resist the call of a beautiful design and some yummy embroidery thread, so yesterday I went to my LQS for a few hours of stitching with the very clever ladies from Prints Charming. Not only do these girls design the most amazing, unique and fun fabrics, the likes of which you are never likely to see replicated by other designers, but they also design beautiful stitchery/embroidery panels with their signature motifs (birds, flowers, leaves, combinations thereof) which you can then embellish to your heart's content.


Love these colours!

It was so much fun seeing everyone's take on the same design - a simple bird pattern, but with everyone's different choices of colour, stitch style, and where on the bird these colours and stitches appeared, they were all so unique.


This is the same bird motif we were stitching - looks fabulous on the natural linen and simply framed

Cath and Kirsten (the brains behind Prints Charming)

The girls also had a lot of their quilts and other goodies on display - which only serves me to wish (again) that there was more than 24 hours in a day. And now those clever people at my LQS spotted an opportunity to suck more people in to start a Prints Charming block of the month program! Arrgghh!! When am I going to get all this done??

If you haven't ever heard of Prints Charming you must go and check out their website right now!! Oh, and they also run screen-printing classes at their studio in Sydney which I would love to do. Cath gave us a quick demo yesterday and it looks super fun and so easy!

In other news, I have been embarassingly absent from the blogosphere recently and it's occurred to me I haven't even posted a photo of the completed quilt I made for my hubby. So I must get onto that. (In case you were wondering, I did go with the natural chambray sashing and it looks great - even if I do say so myself! Thanks to those who offered suggestions!)

Last week I returned to (paid) work for the first time since my youngest was born (20 months ago) - working 3 days a week as that's really all I can manage at the moment with 3 kiddies, of course there will be even less time for sewing :(

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read every comment and appreciate you taking the time to read my little blog. I try to respond to all comments by email but sometimes life gets in the way. Thanks for understanding.