Monday, June 7, 2010

Finally - the finished quilt


This quilt made for my hubby's birthday is the quickest finish ever! Took about a week from start to finish (with the start even including thinking "uhhhh, think I'll make a quilt for Craig's birthday next week...."). In the end I was very grateful for my mum's help in sewing on the binding (including hand-stitching). She loves sewing on binding! What can I say?? It isn't my favourite part of the process, and in any case, to keep it a surprise I couldn't really be sitting there at night with hubby happily stitching away on his quilt. Although when I told him this he said he wouldn't have suspected.

The fabrics are mainly from the Simple Abudance line by Bonnie and Camille. The large floral print (which I think is called Mum's Blue) is my favourite and hubby happens to really like it too! I'd used it in a previous quilt and he admired it so much I stored that away for future reference. On the back I used a Robyn Pandolph Christmas print I'd had for about five years, which I thought went really well with the colours of the front, plus a pieced strip - which took waaaaay longer than I thought it was going to....

All-in-all, very happy with how this one turned out! And the best thing is (apart from Craig really appreciating it) that it gets to live with me! :)

4 comments:

  1. Very cool quilt and lucky hubby that you made it for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! This is amazing, I love it all! I really must finish my first quilt, so far I've been working on it for a couple of months, on and off, whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am finally getting around to checking out my fellow Bees blogs from Fresh Modern Bee 2. This quilt looks great, I can't believe you finished it so quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment! I read every comment and appreciate you taking the time to read my little blog. I try to respond to all comments by email but sometimes life gets in the way. Thanks for understanding.